Sunday 24 February 2013

First Stampin' Up! Workshop

A few weeks ago, I held my first Stampin' Up! workshop. This was the main card that we made. I decided to use a "for you" stamp so that the card could be used for any occasion.


To get the perfect hexagon shape to sit inside the embossed area, I emboss a scrap piece of card with the honeycomb folder and using a scalpel knife (a surgical one with detachable blades) cut very carefully around one of the hexagon shapes with a metal ruler. I then traced around this shape on the reverse side of my coloured card or DSP with pencil. Once I traced all the pieces I needed, I cut all the hexagons with scissors just inside the pencil mark for a perfect fit. For the hexagons that were on the edge, I just trimmed the excess off. 
I have also made a few variations of the card using the honeycomb embossing folder, so you can see how different you can make a card look just by adding different embellishments, picking a different stamp to use or by changing the colours completely.....I just love this embossing folder!